Health & Safety This Memorial Weekend
Memorial Day is an opportunity to pause and honor those who have sacrificed their lives in service to our country. For many, it also marks the unofficial start of summer.
This Memorial Day, we remember the sacrifices of the brave men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country. In honor of their memories, we urge our clients to enjoy their freedom to make healthy choices this weekend and throughout the summer season.
A few tips for enjoying Memorial Day weekend and for enjoying a happy and healthy summer:
* Enjoy the natural beauty by going for a walk, swim or bicycle ride;
* Use high SPF sunscreen to protect you and your family from harmful UV rays that cause sunburn and skin cancer;
* Make sure to drink plenty of water when soaking up the sun or exercising outside;
* Practice water safety and never leave a child unsupervised near a pool or body of water;
* Enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables when preparing meals for your friends and family;
* When grilling, choose leaner meats and marinate them to enjoy the flavor without the fat; and
* Practice food safety by storing food properly to prevent the growth of bacteria that can lead to food poisoning.